Sign Our 2022 Petition:
We are collecting signatures through 2022 so that in January 2023, we can present the new city council and mayor with a popular and productive agenda item.
Why Upzone Asheville?
- To lower the cost of rent and homes!
- So young families can stay in Asheville!
- To stall the gentrification caused by scarce housing options!
- To foster walkable communities and make public transit more viable in Asheville!
Read more about why we need to upzone and end Asheville's “exclusionary zoning” on our Home page and our Learn More page.
Not sure if you already signed the petition?
Don't worry. The form will filter out duplicates automatically.
To the 2023 Asheville City Council and Mayor:
Upzoning Asheville is necessary for this town to thrive. The following should be at the top of your agenda in 2023:
- Abolishing “exclusionary zoning” (aka “single family zoning”) from the UDO to allow builders to make ADUs, duplexes, quadplexes, row houses, and townhomes by right.
- Fostering dense, mixed-use, and pedestrian friendly development in “nodes and corridors” already served by public transit.
Asheville is in the midst of a severe housing crisis. Upzone Asheville so we can grow sensibly, sustainably, and equitably.